Wednesday, December 23, 2009

An update is definitely in order.

First of all, it feels good to be back in my room. It's messy. And I have little to no time at all to clean it, but, hey, it's my room.

It's definitely not cold down here. Let me just say that right now. Davis? Kinda cold. San Diego? Not cold at all. A tad chilly some nights, I'll admit, but not cold. Cold doesn't exist down here, no matter how often I complain about it.

And before I go any further, let me please just say the following: I did not come home to listen to fighting. If I wanted to listen to pointless bickering and childish quarrels, I would watch Jerry Springer. As it is, I hate that show with a fiery passion. See what I'm getting at?

Alright. Now that that's over and done with....

I've been enjoying my time with friends very much. Granted, I'll admit that visiting my high school every day last week was a bit much and I won't be doing that again. BUT, I haven't laughed nearly as much in my life as I have the past three days combined (except for maybe in ENL45, but that was only because I was sitting next to an awesome person, and the professor was frakking hilarious).

Key individuals responsible for making the past three days amazing? I'll name them by their initials, just in case they have issues with being listed by name on the internet: CF, MS, GB, DA, BC, AP. I love these people. I love other people just as much, but other people weren't there for the epicness that has been the past three days. Especially GB, CF, DA, and MS. Those four in particular have been making me forget about any sadness at all. So thanks, guys. I love you all. Really.

Saw Avatar and Princess and the Frog. Avatar was frakking amazing. Words cannot convey it's beauty. Go see it for yo'self, fool. Princess and the Frog was cute. It was a Disney movie, minus the epic Disney music from the classics. Now, that's probably because Randy Newman can't compose worth a damn, but that's my personal bias and I'm stickin' to it. All his stuff just sounds generic and similar to me. And don't get me started on Toy Story and Faust. Just don't. But overall, the story behind Princess and the Frog was cute. I liked the new message Disney has: "Kids: you can wish on stars, but don't expect them heavenly bodies to do all the work for ya. You've gotta sweat if you want to make it in this world." Heh. The stock market itself is evidence enough to prove that they're right. I could go on, but Disney really said it all.

And, yeah, there are great messages in Avatar, too. But, like I said, go see it for yourself. I'm not giving anything away. Oh, except for this: go listen to "I See You" by Leona Lewis. It's pretty much the main theme to the movie. James Horner was in on that. Beautiful song. Go listen. Right now.

And now...I really need to stop, because I'm SUPER behind on X-Mas cards/gift wrapping and I'm in pain right now, so I don't really feel like sitting at my desk much longer.

Hope the fun continues for ya all.

Cheers.

Oh, and apparently it's the holiday season, so Happy Holidays?

0 Talking Parrots: