Monday, February 11, 2008

High School Drama - ugh.

High School drama sucks.

Ok, so Winter Formal was this past weekend and it was my first high school dance without two of my best buds. I suppose you could call them my equivalent wing men - er...girls...

Anywho, so because Angie, Monty's girlfriend, and Chris, Linzi's boyfriend were both at Confirmation, Monty and Linzi went together. I went with Clifford. Needless to say, all hell broke loose the moment we arrived. Linzi and Monty didn't sit together at dinner. Linzi wanted to take a couple picture with Monty (for some reason unknown to all of us) and he didn't want to. That's when the moodiness began.

Some background info: apparently Linzi had a crush on Monty at some point or another and he thought that by dancing with her, she would take it the wrong way. He also didn't want to dance with her because of his relationship with Angie.

So, because Monty wouldn't slow dance with her, Linzi slow danced with Clifford. yes, I know, wasn't he my date? He was, but for the sake of hopefully getting rid of some drama, I just let her dance with him. Yeah, I didn't get to dance with him at all, but that's ok, I suppose. 'Tis the story of my life.

Anywho...when I asked if I could do anything to help, Linzi told me that the "least I could do was ask Monty what was going on." So, because I knew already his reasons (he'd told me before we took our group picture), I told him that he should talk to Linzi. I convinced him to do it that moment, so they went outside to talk.

They came back in, and the first thing Monty said to me was that Linzi thought that I was "scolding him for no reason at all." At that point, I realized what she was doing and I gave up.

The rest of the night was just depressing. Monty had the courtesy to ask me if I wanted his jacket because it was freezing outside (several of us decided to sit outside and extract ourselves from the rest). I denied, of course, because I didn't want to wear a sports jacket over my dress, not to mention that I wasn't that cold.

My Jellies dug into the backs of my feet on the way out and Craig, Emily's date, offered to carry me. I denied again, because I'm pretty sure I weigh MORE than he does. Anywho, some of us went to Denny's, as is our tradition.

Emily was wearing Craig's jacket and she fell asleep on his shoulder. He helped her out of the Ghetto-mo-van and walked her to the door. He even let me use his shoulder to lean on when we were waiting for my mom to unlock said Ghetto-mo-van. Just watching he and Emily made me depressed. I know it's not Emily's fault that she gets all the nice guys, but just once, I'd like a nice, non-creepy, guy that I actually pick out myself. Not someone that picks me, or someone who bestows me with the privilege of being the girl that he likes. That's not good enough. I have to like them back. And a nice guy like Craig would never like a girl like me. Which is why Winter Formal was just frakking depressing.

And now that I'm done; I can finally post this and hope that no one involved in this reads it and gets offended and then proceeds to become angered with me.

Cheers.

1 Talking Parrots:

Zatarra said...

hmm, sounds like it was an interesting night. ;D Still wish I could've come, but yeah....

On the subject of relationships, just be patient. It can be a long and painful process. ^^" I wish I could tell you more, but that's as far as I've gotten myself. xD So we're in the same boat together... The SS L.O.